Saturday, November 25, 2006

Friday Night

Why does it bother me so much, being rejected? I feel defensive. As if I’ve done something wrong and I gotta fess up. But I dont want to.
I wanna pretend like it never happened. I want it to never have happened. I feel like I’ve made a fool of myself. A real fool. I have butterflies in my stomach. I feel like I wanna curl up into a little ball and turn off the light and be forgotten.

Man, Buffalo '66! I’m digging it so far. It’s so individual, no mind games, no playing by the rules. That is what I’m talking about. You play by the rules and where does it take you? Into mediocrity, that’s where. That’s what’s wrong with things these days. So many things are mediocre - it drives me crazy. Just like all these movies people make just so they can make a quick buck. And all these bands that churn out all this “alternative” stuff, and the masses lap it up. Why? How come? They don’t realise there’s an alternative? Ignorance is never an excuse. Way I see it you always have an alternative. If you can’t see one you ain't looking hard enough. On top of that, well, in addition at least, you gotta figure there’s more than one way of doing something. Right?

WOW! I really thought he went through with it. I loved it that he didn’t though, there’s just something about the human spirit that wants everything to work out hunky dory, even if it does mean you feel intellectually slighted.

No comments: